Areas of Focus:
- Programming and educational resources for professional landscapers, arborists, garden centers, grounds maintenace personnel and related industry professionals
- Pesticide applicator training for General Farming and Greenhouse/Nursery categories
- Education and assistance for Farmers’ Market managers
- Direct marketing education and assistance
- Horticulture plant and insect diagnosis and recommendations
- Landscaping and Grounds Maintenance Short Course: A four week short course held each February designed to keep landscaping and grounds maintenance personnel up to date on the newest education practices and technology available to green industry professionals.
Landscape Grounds Maintenance Short Course (Pdf)
Trial Garden and Plant Field Health Days: An annual program held early every August in conjunction with Boerner Botanical Gardens. This one day educational event utilizes the gardens for many different walks including: showcasing new varieties, tried and true plants, and the diagnosis, proper care and maintenance of plants. Educational talks are also held indoors throughout the day on emerging problems, disease and insect problems and plant slection. Attendees can choose from a variety of sessions. Registration brochures are mailed mid-June. Early registration is encouraged as space on garden walks are limited. Contact our office to be added to the Trial Garden and Plant Field Health Day mailing list.
- Related Links of Interests:
Kristin Krokowski, Commercial Horticulture Educator
Waukesha County UW Cooperative Extension
515 W Moreland Blvd., AC-G22
Waukesha, WI 53188-3869
Office Hours: M-F, 8 AM – 4:30 PM